Many woodworking enterprises, after the completion of work, leave about 25-40% of waste wood material, whose further fate is unknown. In percentage terms, wood processing on a sawmill gives about 60% of raw materials, the remaining 40% being waste, of which 14% is log-slab, 12% is sawdust, 9% is scrap material and the rest is bark.

Types of waste materials from sawmilling and woodworking

Group 1

Group 1

  • log-slab;
  • tails;
  • under-slab boards.

Group 2

Group 2

  • lump trimmings;
  • longitudinal trimmings;

  • transversal trimmings;

  • end trimmings;

  • dry log trimmings;

  • workpiece trimmings;

  • remains of wooden parts;

  • plywood logs.

Group 3

Group 3

These are trimmings of such finished products as:

  • fiberboard;

  • plywood;

  • sheets of veneer;

  • glued plywood;

  • chipboard;

  • fiber-and-chip board.

Group 4

Group 4

  • shavings;
  • wood dust obtained by sanding the surface of the board;
  • sawdust;
  • bark.

Technological application of woodworking and sawmill residues

The first two groups of wood waste are effectively used since they are suitable for manufacturing all kinds of pallets, boxes and other products that do not require first-class material.

The problem is Group 3 and 4, which consists of small trimmings, whose processing is expensive and, as a result, unprofitable for an enterprise. Usually, only large organizations are engaged in processing such waste whilst medium-sized and small enterprises, due to lack of financial resources, cannot afford it.

The production of syngas from small wood waste will reduce the cost of energy supply to an enterprise whereas small sizes of the particles will allow to avoid preliminary crushing of waste, which will reduce the cost of the process. Also, there will be no need for expensive transportation of waste to the place of processing: the main advantage of our complex is its mobility, it will be possible to process waste directly where woodworking takes place.

2022 © Geostram

Website development Создание сайтов